Monday, June 23, 2008

My laptop is a piece of crap.

So here's the deal: My DC jack broke a few days ago. The little thinger that keeps the power cord's plug in place snapped off, and so now it's very difficult to charge my laptop's battery. Couple this issue with the fact that my battery is more or less dead, and we have an annoying situation.

As if that weren't enough, for some reason my broken DC jack is causing the actual plug-in on my power cord to get so magma hot that not only have I burned my arm on it more times than I can count, but the glue holding the metal plug-in in place is actually melting.

Now I'm no computer expert, but I do have a small fragment of common sense. So, if there are any interruptions in my uploading schedule, it's because I'm giving my laptop a rest. I'm planning on sketching in my notebook, scanning them and uploading the sketches, and hopefully that will give my laptop enough down time so that it doesn't explode until I find a place to get it repaired or order the part myself.

ETA: Yeah, no uploads for tonight. I did draw things, which I will upload when I get the chance. But I've decided to use the last of my battery life to back up important files. I'll be back when I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment